Re: Gnome vs. X keyboard settings

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:43:51 +0100anspeter Kunz <hkunz@ailab.ch> wrote:
> > Every time I log in, Gnome tells me that my X keyboard settings differ from my
> > Gnome keyboard settings and asks which one I want to use.  It doesn't seem to
> > matter whether they really differ or not (i.e., either, both, or neither could
> > be set to ctrl:nocaps and it still complains).  Any idea how to disable this
> > annoying message?

i have _exactly_ the same problem. but, i don't use GNOME, i use KDE.

> If you tell gnome to use the X-settings it shouldn't ask you next time
> you start gnome (unless you just kill the xserver instead of logging out
> - because gnome will not save its settings then).

where?

> Further, you might want to compare the settings in XF86Config-4 and and
> the ones in Desktop Prefs->Keyboard.

as i said (in purpose, to justify this question), i dont use gnome. in
fact, i only have installad some components (i can't even login with
gnome -- no window manager nor panel)... so the question is: what
program is the one that you open in
Desktop Prefs ->Keyboard ?
is there any other way to say to gnome the keyboard i use?
and, btw, why doesn't gnome listen to the configuration in XF86Config-4?

regards,
maxi