Re: Gnome vs. X keyboard settings

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:49 +0000, John Fry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every time I log in, Gnome tells me that my X keyboard settings differ from my
> Gnome keyboard settings and asks which one I want to use.  It doesn't seem to
> matter whether they really differ or not (i.e., either, both, or neither could
> be set to ctrl:nocaps and it still complains).  Any idea how to disable this
> annoying message?

If you tell gnome to use the X-settings it shouldn't ask you next time
you start gnome (unless you just kill the xserver instead of logging out
- because gnome will not save its settings then).

Further, you might want to compare the settings in XF86Config-4 and and
the ones in Desktop Prefs->Keyboard.

cheers,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
A good memory does not equal pale ink.