Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
In this case they know there are problems with other browsers, well at
least the consoler's manager did. As soon as I told him I did not use
IE, he said, 'well when you get IE, give us a call'.

Wonder when I'll be able to apt-get install IE, hopefully when Florida
freezes over!

This isn't quite 'apt-get internet-explorer', but this guy has a utility
that will fetch (or at least point you to where to get) the various
MS apps (MSN, IE, WMP) and then set them up in your ~/.wine/fake_windows
directory:

http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

I did some tweaking since I had an already working setup for a few other
things in WINE, but it was not too difficult.

If you run into trouble, just post about it and I might be able to
provide some extra pointers.

Sorry for replying to myself, but I forgot to mention that could use
bochs, qemu, win4lin or VMWare to run Windows within Linux and then
run IE inside of that.  Though, from the tone of your other messages, I
am guessing that is not the solution you were looking for :-)

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr