Re: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet card not detected

William Hoblitzell wrote:

I am completely new to Linux and this is my first install, so please be patient with my idiocy as I have no idea in heck what I am doing.

I have a quick side question with this issue I'm having from the net install versions of 'woody' and 'sarge' not detecting my Marvell Yukon GigE. If I use a live CD like Knoppix or even any other to boot, is there any way to switch to Debian midway or afterwards? Is there even a difference between these versions?

If you _boot_ from a LiveCD, no, I don't know of any way to switch to Debian later.

However, it is possible to install some of these LiveCDs to your hard drive, boot from that, then convert to Debian. I believe Kanotix is probably best suited for that.

Yes, there are differences between the various LiveCDs. Some are based on Debian; some on Mandrake; etc. Knoppix is a mix of Debian Stable, UnStable, and perhaps others, and therefore is not a good base for converting to Debian later. Kanotix is specifically designed (IIRC) to converting to pure Debian after the install.

--
Kent