Re: How can I figure out if a machine is using ALSA ot OSS?

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 13:23 -0500, stan wrote:
> I need to determine which sound system a given machine is using. What's an
> easy way to do this?

>From this, you can see that my kernel is running OSSEMUL, which
means that it's using ALSA, and emulating OSS.

  $ grep OSS /boot/config-$(uname -r)
  # CONFIG_CHR_DEV_OSST is not set
  CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=y
  CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=m
  CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=m
  CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER_OSS=y

Also, this would work:
   $ /sbin/lsmod | grep snd

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Why don't liberal Democrats stand up and say, "I am liberal and
proud of it!"? Conservatives would respect them more.