Re: How can I figure out if a machine is using ALSA ot OSS?

On Saturday 19 of February 2005 19:23, stan wrote:
> I need to determine which sound system a given machine is using. What's an
> easy way to do this?

Well... If there's /proc/asound/ directory - you can be sure you're runnin'
ALSA. you can also check for /dev/snd/ directory (if pcm* devices can "make a
sound" - you're on ALSA).

If your kernel uses modules you can determine it by checking sound modules
name. If they start with snd-* - they're alsa's. If not - OSS'.

Well... i'm pretty sure that there is "professional way" to check it out, but
these work for me.

Regards. ;-)

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]