Re: Computer Name and IP Address

http://thc.org/thc-rut/

RUT (aRe yoU There, pronouced as 'root')

This gem from THC should get you what you are looking for.

I don't think it is available as a Debian package, but it compiles
easily enough.

The faster you ask it to run (even the default settings are a bit
fast) the less accurate it becomes.

Hmm.  On further investigation, it seems that this tool will only get
you live system IP addresses and operating systems.  I guess the
suggestions to use nmap are probably the best.  Nmap does discoveries
a lot faster than it used to.

-Jason