Re: USB disk and KDE

--- Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:

> H. S. wrote:
>   > My brother uses KDE on his Sid machine. Same thing
> happens there too. I
> > guess Gnome has gnome-volume-manager (gvm) to interact
> with udev, hal
> > and dbus to automatically mount detected disks based
> on udev rules. KDE
> > doesn't have anything like gvm currently. I believe
> 3.4 version is
> > supposed to remove this deficiency. But I use Gnome
> primarily so my
> > information may not be current.
> >
> > ->HS
> >

> Where is GVM kept (no packages or files with that name)
> ? I am building
> this hybrid desktop with some Gnome, some Kde and am not
> sure if this
> gvm is doing it's stuff in my system or not.
>
> TIA,
> Bob

The package name is gnome-volume-manager. This an other
packages that I have installed are:
$> dpkg -l gnome-volume-manager udev hotplug dbus* | grep
^i
ii  gnome-volume-m 1.1.2-5        GNOME daemon to
auto-mount and manage media
ii  udev           0.053-1        /dev/ management daemon
ii  hotplug        0.0.20040329-1 Linux Hotplug Scripts
ii  dbus-1         0.23-1         simple interprocess
messaging system
ii  dbus-glib-1    0.23-1         simple interprocess
messaging system (GLib-b

Hope this helps,
->HS