Re: Still can't get Mutt to get email

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 02:01:57PM -0600, Johnny wrote:

Hi,
I'll give you my config values as an example. Please change ;)

> Where do I config these in the ~/muttrc or other
> where do i config my email user name
.muttrc
set realname='Sven Hoexter'

> where do i config my email address
.muttrc
my_hdr From: sven@timegate.de

> where do i config my email passwd
My email has no password

> where do i config my pop mail server
You can use fetchmail or similar tools after you configured your local smtp
server. In most cases this will be the Debian default exim. I prefer postfix
but you've several other packaged within Debian.

> where do i config my smtp mail server
You've to setup a local stmp server that will in most cases deliver the
mail to your ISP relay server.

> I have read and read doc to get a better understanding of Mutt i did not
> find any info where to put things
> I do need a simpler setup guide for Mutt
Well I guess (that's not uncommon, I had to learn it) you lack the
unstanding for the unix way to solve problems. One problem, one tool.
It's quite hard to get started but once you good you'll love it.

HTH
Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak