Re: Still can't get Mutt to get email

On Tuesday, 15.02.2005 at 14:01 -0600, Johnny wrote:

> Where do I config these in the ~/muttrc or other

Note it's ~/.muttrc not ~/muttrc

> where do i config my email user name

If you mean your POP3 username, then see below

> where do i config my email address

One way to do it:

my_hdr From: my.email@address.com.blah

I note that this is one of the first questions in the Mutt FAQ at
http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttFaq ... I'd suggest reading that.

> where do i config my email passwd
> where do i config my pop mail server

If you'd really read the docs, then you should have seen the options

set pop_host=...
set pop_user=...
set pop_pass=...

> where do i config my smtp mail server

You don't.  Mutt expects to use whatever MTA happens to be running on
the local machine.  If this is already set up correctly, then things
will just work.  If not, then you need to set up your MTA.  See the FAQ
for more details.

> I have read and read doc to get a better understanding of Mutt i did not
> find any info where to put things
> I do need a simpler setup guide for Mutt

Perhaps take a look at the example configs.  I appreciate that there are
a huge number of options and configuration possibilities for Mutt, but
once you see the sorts of things that you can do, you may find it
easier.

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org