Re: Set your system clock

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 12:46, Greg Folkert wrote:
> Or:
>
> apt-get install ntpdate
>
> service ntpdate start
>
> syncs with the pool.ntp.org
>
> Much preferred to rdate.
>
> Infact while you are at it, why not run an ntp daemon to keep your time
> right
>
> apt-get install ntp-server
>
> It also syncs to pool.ntp.org
>
> From rom then on... no more worries.

Now, I have ntpd and ntpdate installed on my debian-sarge system. The ntpd
daemon syncs with 81.169.154.116 according to the logs. However, it has not
been keeping my system clock updated. Instead, I used cron to schedule
ntpdate to run periodically to keep my system clock in sync. Shouldn't ntpd
be doing this? I haven't touched the ntpd configuration, so is there
something there that might be wrong?

Thanks,
Tom