Re: Set your system clock

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:07 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Given that NTP has no facility for redirection, I did a host lookup on
> pool.ntp.org.  It's round-robined by DNS.  You don't get a different
> list, you get the same list in a different order.

So you do! I didn't realize that, so I RTFM'ed.

http://www.pool.ntp.org/

What you're supposed to do is add a 3 or 4 servers to the configuration:
0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp... The number hosts do seem to return
different lists.

('host 0.pool.ntp.org | sort' and 'host 1.pool.ntp.org | sort' have
different IPs at the top and bottom. Without the digits, they don't.)

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com