Re: Print dialogs without CUPS

Le Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:23:47 -0800, Ben Mulvihill a écrit :

> After updating to Gnome 2.8 and the latest Epiphany, Firefox and
> Abiword packages I see the print dialog has changed. I now
> get entries like lp@:64 and no custom option. It
> looks as though Gnome applications now expect to have CUPS installed. Is
> this the case, or can I continue to use my old setup, and if so how?

this syntax lp@:64 is teh one from xprint ... very few programs support
them currently , so not much should have been affected. Removing the
xprint package (and maybe restarting X) should get you back to your usual
look and feel.

xprint is part of upcoming xfree86 technology and comes from mozilla.
It attempts to avoid having a specific manager for kde, one for gnome ... .
You can deinstall it and reinstall it without harm to your current
configurations.

Cheers
Alban