How to boot alternative Debian version safely?

I want to install a second version of Debian on a different partition
(don't ask why, it's a long story; I need to experiment).

My  main version is at /dev/hdb9. I therefore installed a second version
at /dev/hda7.

I wanted to make a floppy to boot this but that didn't work. I therefore
added the  following entry to my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

title 		Debian test system, kernel 2.4.27-1-386
root       	(hd0,7)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz=2.4.27-1-386 root=/dev/hda7 ro
savedefault
boot

However, when I select this at boot it says Error 22: there is no such
partition as (hd07).

Should I change the entry in menu.lst or is there some other way of
booting this partition? I didn't let the installation do anything to my
hard disk because I do NOT want to mess up my main Debian version.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk for
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  weblog, book reviews, electronic