Re: sendmail works only for localhost

On Thursday 10 February 2005 10:28, Alvin Oga wrote:
> hi ya
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Chavdar Videff wrote:
> > Thank you for the suggestion about the DAEMON_OPTIONS. Now it listens on
> > all interfaces and even sends mail to external hosts.
> > However I seem to have broken something for local mail delivery is not
> > working. Here is the output in /var/log/mail.log
>
> ..
>
> > And it is not listening on POP3 port for clients to connect and fetch
> > mail.
>
> sendmail only sends and receives emails from other sendmail ( or exim or
> postfix )  == MTA
>
> users use mozilla/netscape/internetexplorer/eudora to read emails
> from the pop server  ( aka MUA )
>  ( use in.pop3 and allow only the ip# of your local lan )
>
> if security is an issue, use "secure pop3" or "secure imap"
>
> c ya
> alvin

I actually seem to have deleted for some reason the directory /etc/mail/smrsh.
After I checked with a working debian system I created the links in this
directory to the mailer programs and it worked.
And I installed a pop server - popa3d (as I checked was in slackware).

Thank you again. Further tweaking wil require more reading but after all this
is what linux is about.

Regards

Chavdar Videff