RE: sendmail works only for localhost

hi ya

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Chavdar Videff wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion about the DAEMON_OPTIONS. Now it listens on all
> interfaces and even sends mail to external hosts.
> However I seem to have broken something for local mail delivery is not
> working. Here is the output in /var/log/mail.log
..

> And it is not listening on POP3 port for clients to connect and fetch mail.

sendmail only sends and receives emails from other sendmail ( or exim or
postfix )  == MTA

users use mozilla/netscape/internetexplorer/eudora to read emails
from the pop server  ( aka MUA )
	( use in.pop3 and allow only the ip# of your local lan )

if security is an issue, use "secure pop3" or "secure imap"

c ya
alvin