Re: Security updates sources

Hello Todd, hello list!

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 08:15:39PM -0800, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> I found the following listed on a mailing list somewhere:
>
>     deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>
> but can't find it documented anywhere on the Debian site. It seems to
> work, but shouldn't people running Sarge be able to find out about it
> somewhere? Did I just miss it?

The general situation is described in the Debian security FAQ:
| Q: How is security handled for testing and unstable?
|
| A: The short answer is: it's not. [...]

However, more or less shortly before a new stable release the security
infrastructure for this new release will be set up, and at some point
will start to be used properly. The former has already happened, the
latter hasn't yet, though.
About the documentation: this security repository will be announced
once it is fully functional. Before this happens there is no need to
advertise or use it.

> Also, I can't seem to find any info about security updates for the
> non-us repositories. Do they not get security updates?

security.debian.org is not located in the US, so there is no need for
a separate non-us server.

HTH,
Flo