Re: installation

On (10/02/05 08:20), rik fonteijn wrote:
> thanks all, i've made the installation, but can someone tell me how to
> install the graphic shell, and how to get my root password back, wich ive
> lost
> greeting rik
>
> (dutch)
What do you mean lost the root passwd?  If you've forgotten it there is
a work around:

http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-crackroot

If however, you type in the passwd and it is rejected, you probably have
a misconfigured keyboard.  If you can ssh into the machine from another,
do dpkg-reconfigure console-data to select a different keymap.

I suggest, when you have a problem, that you provide more infoprmation;
it will save people having to guess at what your problem is ;)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...