Re: installation

rik fonteijn wrote:

thanks all, i've made the installation, but can someone tell me how to install the graphic shell, and how to get my root password back, wich ive lost
greeting rik

what exactly did you install? from a cd or a netinsto with the debian installerr rc2??
if you have missed somehow tasksel, which offers you to install Xwindows,

than do as root:

<apt-get install xserver-xfree86> and <apt-get install x-window-system> and follow the signs/questions on screen. than choose for xdm p.e. or do as root/user startx. now you must see something else than a black screen

groningen, holland