Re: problem

jina menke wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 operating systems on my labtop: windows xp and debian. But I re-installed windows and since then windows automatically starts, so I cannot choose between debian and windows anymore (in my BIOS). How can I solve this problem? Should I run a Debian Boot from somewhere?
You need to somehow get into Debian and rerun lilo. If you have a LiveCD (such as Knoppix), boot off of it, then mount your / directory, then chroot into that directory, and run lilo. Exit out and reboot and you should be back in business. (This is assuming you have lilo installed rather than grub or some other boot manager.)

--
Kent West
Technology Support