Re: first time install

On 02/07/2005 12:20 PM, Timothy Payne wrote:
I've run into a bit of a snag.

Xserver dies when started.  I don't think the settings are correct as
they are on the motherboard.  I need at least a generic setting, and
where to find the file and an editor.  I don't like to use vi cuz I'm
lazy and need to get out my cheat sheet :-)

The other problem is the network card where do I check to see if it has
located the right one, also on the motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tim...

Hi Tim,

You really should look at the docs first. ;) Then you'll get better answers here to your remaining questions.

Start with the Debian Reference:

http://qref.sourceforge.net/ # This Debian reference covers many aspects of system administration through shell command examples. System installation, basic tutorials, Debian package management, Linux kernel on Debian, tips, tuning system, building gateway, editors, CVS, programming, GnuPG and others are covered.

Good luck!
Ralph