Re: Accidentally deleted some files from /var

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:03:42AM +0530, Deepak, R. wrote:

> I accidentally deleted some files from /var . Can I repair the system?

Maybe. Depends on how much of your system you hosed. Probably the best
thing to do is to fix your system, and reinstall gdm:

    apt-get -f install && apt-get --reinstall install gdm

If that doesn't work, you've probably done more damage than you think.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/