Re: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:55:16PM +0200, Antti Tolamo wrote:

> Have you done the update-grub command, after
> copying vmlinuzXXX to /boot?

Yes... See below.

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 12:40:39AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:

> I assume you built your kernel the Debian way, that after you did 'make
> config'  you did
>
> make-kpkg clean

I used "make-kpkg buildpackage", which implicitly does a "clean". I gave
my kernel a unique version with "--append-to-version", assuming this to
be sufficient...

> When you were done and you installed the resulting Debian files, 'update-grub'
> should have been run for you.

Yes, it was.

> What I suggest is that you boot to the kernel you installed before you
> compiled your own and then run 'lsmod' so you can see which modules are being
> used.  Then you will know what is needed to get your kernel to boot.

Hm. I will do this.

--
Mason Loring Bliss     mason@blisses.org             Cthulhu fhtagn!
http://blisses.org/    awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;