Security and 2.6 kernel, security and sarge

Hi,
I have a machine with Woody bf2.4 kernel.

I regularly get all updates using apt-get update/upgrade including all
security updates. If I download a 2.6 kernel, will I still get
security updates?

The reason I ask is that I know sarge is in testing, therefore "has no
official support from Debian security team" - presumably this lack of
official support also applies if I download and apply a 2.6 kernel?

Thanks, Jim.