Re: Security and 2.6 kernel, security and sarge

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 10:06:44PM +0000, jim biri wrote:

> I regularly get all updates using apt-get update/upgrade including all
> security updates. If I download a 2.6 kernel, will I still get
> security updates?

There are no security updates per se for packages in sarge, but if you
run a mixed system you can still pull security updates from the stable
branch.

That said, I don't know how much of an issue it is. For the kernel in
particular, sarge doesn't lag too much when a new kernel comes out, so
unless the problem is in the packaging (rather than the upstream source)
tracking sarge seems relatively sensible for most installations.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/