Re: USB mouse USB keyboard won't work after kernel build! Help.

Wathavy wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I installed RTlinux kernel and working fine as far as
>PS/2 mouse with PS/2 keyboard are connected.
>
>USB keyboard and USB mouse are at working condition
>when I start with old kernel at recovery boot run.

You probably need to insert the appropriate USB modules. You might try
"modprobe usbcore" for starters. I'm not currently running a USB
mouse/keyboard, so I can't look in my list of running modules to provide
any better answer, but still, I think you're missing USB support from
your system. Adding the correct modules should help.

What is this "RTLinux" you keep referring to? I did a google, and it
appears to be another distro, in which case are you running a mix of two
distros? an RTLinux kernel and a Debian-otherwise system? Maybe this is
kosher, but you're likely to run into issues that few of us who run pure
Debian will be familiar with. If we aren't able to help you, perhaps
there's an RTLinux mailing list that might provide you with better answers.

--
Kent