USB mouse USB keyboard won't work after kernel build! Help.

Hi.

I installed RTlinux kernel and working fine as far as
PS/2 mouse with PS/2 keyboard are connected.

USB keyboard and USB mouse are at working condition
when I start with old kernel at recovery boot run.

RTlinux has little to do with these Human interfaces
I guess.

At Debian installation I never chose USB but PS/2 mouse.
And they were OK.

I rerun dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and did
what ever needed but it stalled at middle of
reconfiguration.

I re-installed xfree86 at aptitude but still does not
do any better.(still halts)

Any body could let me have USB keyboard and USB
mouse to work fine?

Any information is wellcome
Thank you for your attention.

Buy