Re: Reconfigure GRUB ( at MBR on one Hard disk ) HOWTO?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Wathavy wrote:

> I have one PC with two hard disk-drives
> One original XP (80GB).
> The rest as Debian Linux (20GB out of 80GB)
>
> Questions
> 1.Can I reconfigure H.D.s to have more spaces?

yes ...

if you do .. you want to make sure XP backed up
and insert a new partition in the 40GB of reclaimed
XP space .. reformat the old Xp and restore

format the newly reclaimed 40GB for debian
and mounted as /NewHome

do you want to do all this risky work ??
	- only if you want to learn and in the process
	don't mind if you have a useless box if it didnt
	do what you wanted and can restore from backups

> 2.Can I takeaway the first H.D. which has GRUB
>   installed to boot Linux at the Second H.D.?

yes ...

you can boot from anything .. including floppy
if you configured your MBR on that devices
( 1st hd, 2nd hd, floppy, nic, .. )

> 2-1 How can I?

lots of reaading  and prevention and data preservation

or just spend $20 for a new 20GB disks and you're done
with zero loss time and loss energy and zero headaches

c ya
alvin