Re: Setting up one blog per user

Enrico Zini wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to find the best software to have a blog per every user in a
system[1].

So far I went with pyblosxom[2], but it doesn't give me exciting web
posting interfaces: is there only weblog-add.py for it?  Or is there a
server software more suited to this case?

Then I have the problem of posting interfaces: can someone suggest me a
Free and featureless BloggerAPI client for Windows?  I couldn't find
anything simple: I tried w.bloggar but it's interface has more buttons
than OpenOffice!  And it's not free.

For Linux instead I have found gnome-blog, which is very simple and
featureless, however it's so featureless that it doesn't allow editing
or deleting old posts, which wouldn't be bad.

OK, I've just gone throught something similar for a one user blog, but it should scale reasonably well, especially if blosxom (perl version) can be set up to use mod_perl.

So get blosxom running.

Then install the wikieditish[1] plugin. Now you can make new posts by going to an existing node eg http://example.com/cgi-bin/blosxom/existent.wikieditish to edit it
or to edit a new node
http://example.com/cgi-bin/blosxom/non-existent.wikieditish

With a bit of modifying of the templates you should be able to get "edit this page links" at the bottom of each post, and a little form in the page header or footer for the name of a new node that will take you to a new post which will essentially take you to the page http://example.com/cgi-bin/blosxom/page-name-I-typed-into-the-form.wikieditish.

Of course, everything I've written here is completely untested apart from the initial installation of blosxom and configuring the wikieditish plugin so caveat emptor etc.

[1]http://www.raelity.org/apps/blosxom/downloads/plugins/wikieditish.zip

--
email address is real and valid.  I just don't like my name in the archives.