resolution and mouse

Hi,

I just installes Knoppix 3.4 to harddisk.
I have a AMD 2400+ with nvidia GeForce 4 MX 4000 card.
I installed the graphics drivers with
"apt-get install nvidia-glx"
and got the graphics system running.
But i still cant get a resolution above 800x600
I need atleast 1024x768.
I tried inserting the "1024x768" into XF86Config also
but  didn't work.
I tried to change lilo.conf also but to no avail.

I have a samsung ps2 mouse and it works too slow. It
does not respond to small motions and only works for
large and fast displacements. How can i fix this. The
mouse works fine in Fedora core 2.

Can anybody please help?

Girish the great.

=====
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein