Re: dual boot

Joe Costantini wrote:

Can you help?
I have a Dell Precision 420 with SCSI drive. I have win2000 server installed. Added an ATA drive and installed Debian Sarge on it. Can boot linux from floppy. Setup NTLDR to dual boot win2000 or Linux. When I select Linux, I get "L 01 01 01".

Your Master Boot Record has a partial install of LILO in it, and you're trying to use NT's boot loader.

Choose between one of the other, and then boot into that loader's OS and rerun the loader's installer ("/bin/lilo" in the case of lilo, "Repair MBR" or something similar in the case of W2K).

--
Kent