Re: Setting up USB scanner

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 06:01:00PM -0600, Brad Sims wrote:
> Try following the advice here
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-November/005178.html

I've tried that URL a couple of times.  I keep getting a host unreachable
message.  Maybe it's down, or busy.

> Does sane-find-scanner list your scanner?

Yes:

    bash # sane-find-scanner

    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x010f) at /dev/usb/scanner0
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x010f, chip=LM983x?) at libusb:001:002
      # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

but,

    bash # scanimage -L

[snip]

> The only thing you will need, is the device line after the [usb] line.
> The device is the one printed by sane-find-scanner.
>
> Example:
>
> [usb]
> some options ...
> device /dev/usb/scanner0

I do have a device defined in /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf file.  Still won't
work, though.  Only sane-find-scanner seems to be able to see the scanner.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ger