Re: realplayer 10 debian package

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 09:29 -0500, Paul wrote:

Rick Taylor wrote:

You've got the mimetypes, etc... just reinstall.
{This is pretty easy though:

http://www.real.com/ }

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:18 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:57 -0500, Paul wrote:

[snip]

I install RP10 directly from real.com, and it works perfectly.

Actually, I notice that although about:plugins shows the realplayer plugin, some sites, that use an embedded player, still won't work (i.e. http://www.bbc.co.uk/ ). I tried upgrading to the newest player, with no better success. I'm using mozilla. Have you had any success with these type sites?

It's my experience that using Moz to play Beeb stations with RP10
works perfectly.

Yes, it seems I needed to get the java plugin installed to get the BBC broadcast to work with realplayer embedded. But, still I must configure realplayer as a "helper" application in mozilla, to get it to start without the popup. Thanks for the checkpoint.

paul

$4.95/mo. National Dialup, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, 5mb personal web space. 5x faster dialup for only $9.95/mo. No contracts, No fees, No Kidding! See http://www.All2Easy.net for more details!