Re: :Re: still problems with sound ==> digital playback ?

Please don't top post.  It makes it hard for people who come in late to the
thread to understand what's going on.

On Thursday 27 January 2005 05:19, わさびぃ wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:19 +0100, Hrvoje Spoljar wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:01 +0100, わさびぃ wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i still have problems with my sound card...
> > > it is recognized by the kernel, but i hear nothing...
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > alsa is mute by default, did you try to raise volume on pcm and master?
> >
> thnx! it's okay now!
> i also had to reboot because i have troubles with XMMS.
> If i use XMMS ==> no more sound!

Check your output plugin for XMMS.  It should be set to Alsa.  However, if
you're using a sound daemon (arts, esd, etc.), then select the appropriate
plugin in XMMS, or kill the sound daemon.

> About the cd player, it worked before with digital playback and now i
> have to attach the cd cable from the cdrom to the motherboard.
>
> how can i set digital playback again to work ?
>
> thnx.

For XMMS, there is an option to digitally extract data from the CD.  Poke
around the CD reading config, and you'll find it.

Justin Guerin