Re: why cups so rarely works "out of the box"

On Thursday 27 January 2005 00:13, Randall J. Parr wrote:
[ snip ]
> I started using Debian on a couple workstations.
> Overall I'm very happy with Debian but printing via CUPS often quits
> and I can not get it working again until I reboot.

Once in a while I have experienced that CUPS believes a printer has
stopped. Not sure if this actually relates to your particular problem
but if it does, executing "cupsenable <PRINTER_NAME>" as root on the
print server should do the trick.

B/R,
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net