Re: Simple sound recording? -- New Problem

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 05:06:54PM -0500, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Now I have a new problem -- the file size.  4+ MB for 25 seconds in Sun
> .au format, which is what the java player that I found wants.

The size of the file depends on what quality you are recording with
(channels, resolution - 16bit,24bit etc) - less quality results in
smaller files.
for internet exchange I suggest mp3 format since it is very small and
there is a java player available that plays mp3 files (check out:
http://www.javazoom.net). So you can write a java applet that plays the
mp3 file provided by your server.

regards
Eike