Re: Lost MIDI after upgrade to sarge

Seeker5528 wrote:

> Create a new file in /etc/modprobe.d, I named mine emu10k1-synth
> containing the following which shows as 2 lines here, but should all be a
> single line:
>
> install snd_emu10k1_synth /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> snd_emu10k1_synth; /usr/bin/asfxload JClive21
>
> : Then run:
>
> update-modules
> modprobe snd-emu10k1-synth

> To get the synth module to load at boot try adding lines for the emu10k1
> stuff in /etc/modules:
>
> snd-emu10k1
> snd-emu10k1-synth

This seems to have done it. I have midi after rebooting. TkAWEMidi,
playmidi, rosegarden all work.

The only thing that's odd though, is that in the kde control panel for
sound, the "test midi" button doesn't give me anything "test audio" works.
It's no big deal, but I like to know why something's not working.