Re: Mounting ext2 filesystem images under Windows.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any open source or free-ish software
that does that.  I'm sorry I misunderstood what you need.

I use Mount Image Pro (http://www.mountimage.com/) to mount dd images.
 I didn't buy the software, though.  At $300, I let my department
purchase it.

I don't know how it would work with files created with mke2fs.

-Jason