Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:52:13PM +0000, Joe wrote:
> In message <3qt9z-7vU-1@gated-at.bofh.it>, Ron Johnson
> <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes
> >
> >I'm just waiting for (a.k.a. dreading) the language that forces
> >"appropriate" variable naming standards.
> >
> >But then, FORTRAN kinda does that.  Anyone on the list been a
> >geek long enough to know what I'm talking about?
> >
> Variables starting I-N default to integer type.
> --
> Joe

I hope to god people aren't still writing F77 code on a daily basis. I'm
a fairly experience F90 and F95 coder, but I can barely decipher what is going
on in most F77 programs. Fixed format F77 code has to be one of the strangest
things anyone ever forced on programmers (I recognize that someone using
it for years might think it is easy, but I don't).

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/