Re: libstdc++5 problem

Ok, sorry, I managed to mess up the email management information. Should
be correct now... Anyway, continuting with the discussion:

Wayne wrote:

> You might also consid looking at the Debian-User archivesfor an answer
> to your question.  You might find it faster then asking a question
> that has already been answered prior to you joining the list.

I had a search prior to joining the list, but to no avail. If anyone can
point me in the direction of a useful doc or previous email, then I'd
appreciate it.

It seems that even removing libstdc++5 (unstable) does not help. I also
found gcc3.3-base installed, which I also removed (both through dselect
now, to make sure deps are fully satisfied). For some reason gcc is still
having problems with linking:

---
/lib/libgcc_s.so.1(*IND*+0x0): multiple definition of `__divdi3@GLIBC_2.0'
/lib/libc.so.6(.text+0x770): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: warning: unexpected redefinition of
`__umoddi3@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/bin/ld: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: warning: unexpected redefinition of
`__udivdi3@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/bin/ld: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: warning: unexpected redefinition of
`__moddi3@GLIBC_2.0'
---

Thanks.

later,