Serious Server Instabillity

Dear all!

I have a Debian Woody (small office) server which has been running for
years without much attention. Recently, I have been experimenting with
MailScanner and have upgraded some packages to 'testing' versions.

Now, I my server runs for a short while, I see error messages on the
console screen:

  Failed to load interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2

These messages appear after irregular intervals of time (as far as I
can see). Also, I get occasional messages about certain processes which
are killed like sendmail, apache, spamassassin.
Eventually, the system will come to a complete halt and requires
rebooting.

I have not found references to the above message in the archives and
would much appreciate any suggestions or pointers for discovering what
is wrong (and maybe hoe to fix it).

Thanks a lot!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>