Re: menus disappear in konqueror

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 05:07, Conrad Newton wrote:
> I am running Debian unstable.
>
> ii  konqueror    3.3.2-1  KDE's advanced File Manager, Web Browser and
> Document
>
> As this morning's upgrade, the menus in Konqueror disappear as soon
> as I click a link or type in a URL.
>
> Strangely enough, some konqueror windows that were open before a reboot,
> and were therefore reopened, do *not* have this problem.  It is only
> new Konqueror windows that lose the menu text.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Shall I file a bug?  I could not see
> it mentioned on
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=konqueror&arc
>hive=no
>
> Conrad

I recently upgraded to 3.3.2, and I've got no problems here.

Have you logged out and logged back in since the upgrade?  Strange things
can happen if you don't.  Note that it may not be enough to close
Konqueror, because KDE can keep a copy preloaded.

You mention a reboot, but I don't understand how certain windows were
reopened.  You mean when you log in, Konqueror opens some windows as it
restores your desktop settings?

Any chance you could post a link to a screen shot?

Justin Guerin