RE: Can I partition a disk and make it bootable for windows from linux?

It's a bit of a hack, but if you're still trying to work this out you might
want to do this...

Edit the boot.ini of the Windows partition to contain two entries, and
modify the time that it pauses, you can press F5 in this time and it will
boot into safe mode. For example if your boot.ini reads

[boot loader]
timeout=10
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Change it to

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
Professional"

for a 5 sec wait for you to press F5. The file is a hidden file, so make
sure you have enabled show protected operating system files...you can also
get to it via Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup & Recovery
Settings (Windows XP Only?).

Anyways, hope that helps.

Byron