Re: Cups wont print. Job aborted. :-(

On Monday January 24 2005 11:31, Michael Bernhard Sørensen wrote:
> I'm having a problem with CUPS on 2 computers.
> [...]
> Both of them will not print any jobs. In the CUPS administrative
> interface, it says that the job is aborted. I've upgraded and downgraded
> CUPS on the laptop, but to no avail. I've deleted the printer in CUPS
> and reinstalled it, but to no avail.

Have a look at /var/log/cups/error_log. If it doesn't give enough information,
try setting the LogLevel to "debug", restart cupsd and try again. On this
level of logging, the error messages alone had enough hints going with them
to solve the problem.

I had a similar problem which resulted from a missing gs-esp package, which is
necessary for printers without their own rasterizer. If an error message
tells you this is missing, install the package and restart cupsd again.
That's what worked for me.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de