Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:
I might have to consider both Perl and Python.  I think Perl has
the reputation, being the "swiss army chainsaw" an all.  Are these
both of the same level of programming power?!

Yes, they pretty much fill the same niche. I used Perl for years as my glue language, even did it professionally for a time. Dropped it after attending a Python presentation at an O'Reilly conference a few years back and haven't really missed Perl since.