Getting an image config?

I need to custom compile a 2.6.10 kernel but want to base it on the
debian 2.6.10 kernel that's currently running on the machine.  I'm
trying to comple a couple modules statically but I'm missing the
driver for my HPNetraid.

At any rate I'm looking for the .config which was used to build:
ii  kernel-image-2 2.6.8-10       Linux kernel image for version 2.6.8 on 386.

I'm not finding it in /proc/config.gz or elsewhere.  Anyone know if
there's an easy way to get this so I don't have to keep rebooting my
machine to test the freaking hardware raid driver?

Robert
--

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                       - Manowar