Re: How to publish CMYK EPS on the web?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 11:36:02AM +0100, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 10:30:43AM +1030, David Purton wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 06:22:54PM +0100, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> >
> > I would have hoped that using gs8.50 to give you a cmyk tif and little
> > cms using the same profiles and settings as photoshop would give
> > comparable results.
> >
> > I'll do some more tests and see. I'm trying to figure this sort of stuff
> > out for use with scribus as well.
> >

> I'll compile the latest gs version and see if anything changed. Maybe
> it has something to do with the way Photoshop handles various settings
> of black generation. It's just a wild guess I myself am not convinced
> of. After all if something IS in the black channel of eps there is no
> way there could be more or less of it. Could it?

Well, as far as I can tell, there are not very many ways of getting a
CMYK image from earlier versions of ghostscript without it changing
colours. There is a bitcmyk device that gives raw cmyk data, but you'd
then have to convert this to an actual image format, which might be a
bit of a pain.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a