Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 21:24 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2005 Jan 23 21:01 -0600]:
>
> > Besides python v2.3, there are 159 external libraries and -doc
> > packages for python v2.3 that will let you do anything imaginable.
> > Except write a library or the kernel... ;)
>
> That may not be far off.  There was a semi-serious post on
> comp.lang.python sometime back about writing an OS in Python.  Somebody
> might be crazy/bored enough to try it.

Writing an OS in an interpreted language?????  Unless it's using
psyco.

Still, every language has a domain that it's best able to solve,
and it should stick to it.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

After seeing all the viruses, trojan horses, worms and Reply
mails from stupidly-configured anti-virus software that's been
hurled upon the internet for the last 3 years, and the time/money
that is spent protecting against said viruses, trojan horses &
worms, I can only conclude that Microsoft is dangerous to the
internet and American commerce, and it's software should be
banned.