Re: what does banned from irc mean

I would start here http://freenode.net/ and see if there is anything in the faq or help section, maybe read the channel guidelines. There is probably an administration contact there too.

Shawn Huston

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitchell Laks" <mlaks@verizon.net>
To: "Shawn Huston" <shuston@ohiohills.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: what does banned from irc mean

On Sunday 23 January 2005 09:50 am, Shawn Huston wrote:
Maybe the nick was already in use and you didn't have a second nick typed
in was the message, but if you are banned, you need to write the
administrator and find out why. You may have chosen a bad nick. Someone
else may have been a trouble maker and they just assumed the person
switched providers and banned you.  Try to log on with a different nick
first, and if that doesn't work, contact the system administrator for that
server and explain the situation.
I am really ignorant here. What you say seems correct.
I dont see where or how to contact a sys admin for this, as I dont even know
where it is? can you tell from what i posted where i have to write to?
Thanks, I am very grateful for your help... it is irc.freenode.net
#debian
thanks
Mitchell