Re: Spamassassin problems

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:10:57 -0700, Mike <stuff@dustsmoke.com> wrote:
> Thanks John. I'm sort of thinking this might be a debian specific
> problem. Not a spamassassin problem. Otherwise the configuration I
> posted 'should' be working with 3.0.x and it 'was' working with 3.0.x
> until something else happened. Like another sarge package updated that
> breaks spamc/spamd or something.

The problem may come from upstream. spamassassin(1p) says "Normally,
SpamAssassin will try to detect whether you are connected to the net
before doing these (non-local) tests anyway". Guessing, maybe this
"detection" is not going well, which would explain why non-local tests
are being avoided. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to force
spamassassin to run them.

> One thing I have done since then is switched it to use the perl
> implimentation that most people use. e.g.
> * < 256000
> | spamassassin
>
> And now everything works correctly. (which isn't really what I wanted to
> do.....)

That causes much more overhead (the hole spamassassin process, and not
a tiny client as 'spamc', is started every time a message arrives).

--
Juan M. Cataldo